Do you want a faster way to compare more affordable Chrysler 200 insurance in Atlanta? Nobody rejoices having to buy insurance, particularly when they could get a better deal.
Statistics show that most consumers in Georgia have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could save up to 47% every year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for Chrysler 200 insurance in Atlanta.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Chrysler 200 insurance in Atlanta is to know most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide details including daily mileage, if you have an active license, the ages of drivers, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Those rating factors is then sent to many different companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Atlanta.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Why you need insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chrysler 200, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chrysler for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Chrysler 200 but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your 200 are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Not having insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Don’t get traffic citations – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even a single chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers who have multiple tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
No insurance claims equals better prices – Insurance companies in Georgia award discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
More traffic means higher claims – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Insurance rates and age – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in your rates. Because the Chrysler 200 falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Atlanta. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Chrysler 200 historical loss data – Insurance companies use claims history when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chrysler 200 Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money on Chrysler 200 insurance in Atlanta with these discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Distant Student – Kids living away from Atlanta attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new 200 is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Atlanta auto insurance over the internet.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
To choose companies with discount car insurance rates in Georgia, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Atlanta auto insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Atlanta may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-9744 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
More comparisons equals affordable rates
There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Atlanta can be bought online and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
When getting Atlanta auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)