How long has it been since you shopped around for more competitive Chrysler Aspen insurance in Atlanta? Are you regretting the purchase of an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, many Atlanta drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders in Georgia kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. consumers can cut their rates by up to $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute best rate on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Atlanta.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Atlanta a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Aspen insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to lower your insurance bill.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Atlanta can be much easier if you know how to start. Drivers only need to know the best way to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
Cheapest Chrysler Aspen insurance quotes in Atlanta
Finding a better price on car insurance is actually easier than you may think. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to call or drive to local Atlanta insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Chrysler Aspen insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance in Georgia serves several purposes
Even though Atlanta Aspen insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Georgia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Aspen has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Chrysler Aspen and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chrysler gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. You could save around 10% when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century discounts include good student, anti-lock brakes, student driver, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, newly retired, teen driver discount, and newly married.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Double check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Atlanta.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
Certain consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Atlanta.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Which is the best car insurance?
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chrysler Aspen?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
How much can you save?
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your Chrysler Aspen insurance rates in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at these sites:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Felons in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)