Vehicle owners who are new to comparing auto insurance rates online will discover locating cheaper Concorde insurance is harder than it needs to be.
Amazingly, most auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Georgia drivers could save approximately 60% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The purpose of this article is to teach you the most effective ways to compare rates and some tips to save money. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Although Georgia drivers need to have an understanding of how companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
The majority of larger companies provide prices for coverage on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Chrysler Concorde insurance in Atlanta doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Behind the scenes, the system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on many factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable premium.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Chrysler. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Atlanta
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels. Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Reduce auto insurance rates by driving safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Chrysler Concorde is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Prices go up with performance – The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Due to the fact that the Chrysler Concorde falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Atlanta. Lower cost passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Having a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Save money by having responsible credit – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Chrysler Concorde if you improve your credit rating.
- Married drivers pay less – Having a spouse may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Combine policies to earn discounts – Many insurance companies will give lower prices to clients who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Liability insurance limits on your policy – The liability section of your policy is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, flood damage, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Get cheaper rates on Chrysler Concorde insurance in Atlanta with these car insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every policy discount very well, so below is a list both the well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Concorde insurance in Atlanta.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely lower your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Travelers may include discounts for IntelliDrive, home ownership, good student, early quote, new car, and driver training.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, air bags, theft prevention, 55 and older, early bird, and teen driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, good student, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good driver.
When getting free Atlanta auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate providers who offer free Chrysler Concorde insurance quotes in Georgia, click here.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Atlanta.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to companies in Atlanta that give free quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When searching for an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (678) 526-7979 – View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 525-1600 – View Map
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
- DeWayne Hrabowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (404) 758-5400 – View Map
- Dale Massey – State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Roswell Rd NE – Atlanta, GA 30342 – (404) 257-8880 – View Map
- Shiron Kilgore – State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 527-4883 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Chrysler Concorde insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
As you quote Atlanta auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)