How many years has it been since you compared more competitive Acura TLX insurance in Atlanta? No normal person looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Georgia drivers could save approximately 60% a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy. Vehicle owners have many auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find the lowest rates for Acura TLX insurance in Atlanta.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates periodically because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest rates on Acura TLX insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You can find a lot of information about TLX insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some proven techniques to lower your auto insurance bill.
We hope to teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and how to save the most money. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Drivers just have to know the proper way to compare rates online from multiple companies.
Best Acura TLX insurance rates in Georgia
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Get lower-cost Acura TLX insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Some companies don't always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Devices - Atlanta drivers who agree to allow their company to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance coverage on a new TLX can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total TLX insurance premium.
- College Student - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Paperless Signup - Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Acura could qualify for cheaper prices.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, homeowner, switch companies, multi-car, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for good student, safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, military active duty, membership and employees, anti-theft, and air bags.
- SAFECO includes discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-car, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
Check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Atlanta. For a list of providers who offer free Acura TLX insurance quotes in Atlanta, click this link.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Atlanta
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Low mileage costs less - Driving a lot of miles annually the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Verify your policy states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your TLX may be costing you higher rates.
- Gender as a rate factor - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females are in accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Too many insurance claims will drive prices up - Insurance companies in Georgia give better rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Liability coverage preserves assets - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Lower stress equals lower rates - Occupational choices like fire fighters, social workers and dentists generally pay the highest rates in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other careers like professors, students and the unemployed pay the least.
- Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Acura. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Age of drivers - Teenage drivers in Georgia are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Married people drive safer - Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Insurance loss statistics an Acura TLX - Auto insurance companies use historical loss data when determining insurance prices. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Acura TLX vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Acura TLX Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an agent
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Atlanta.
By using this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning how they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta who may provide free price quotes.
InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What companies can they write with?
Compare but don't skimp
We've covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Acura TLX insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
The cheapest Acura TLX insurance in Atlanta is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at these sites:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)