Searching for more affordable Buick Enclave insurance in Atlanta? Car insurance shoppers not familiar with comparing insurance coverage rates on the internet might discover sourcing the cheapest Buick Enclave insurance in Atlanta can be quite challenging.
It's astonishing, but most car insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Georgia could save roughly $1,000 a year, but most just don't grasp the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
You should take the time to quote other rates every six months since insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Buick Enclave insurance in Atlanta a year ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you one of the quickest ways to save on car insurance.
Atlanta insurance discounts for a Buick Enclave
Some insurers do not list every discount available very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower auto insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Online Discount - Some companies may give you up to $50 get Atlanta car insurance on the web.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down on your Buick could earn cheaper rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Enclave may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. It can save you around 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for youthful driver, distant student, bundle discounts, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance includes discounts for safety device, Switch & Save, online shopper, defensive driver, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, driver's education, anti-theft, good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, good student, military active duty, and air bags.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for auto/life discount, defensive driver, senior citizen, premier discount, good student, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
If you want low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Buick Enclave insurance quotes comparison
All major insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get coverage prices on their websites. Comparing prices online for Buick Enclave insurance in Atlanta doesn't take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to find the cheapest price.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will get a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$328||$742||$444||$26||$134||$1,674||$140|
|Enclave CX AWD||$254||$448||$406||$24||$122||$1,254||$105|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$380||$742||$532||$32||$158||$1,844||$154|
|Enclave XL AWD||$298||$550||$512||$30||$154||$1,544||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect premiums greatly.
Careless driving habits raise Atlanta car insurance rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Buick Enclave premium costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Buick Enclave book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $600 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine rates.
Don't skimp on liability coverage - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Gender and auto insurance - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Prices can change based on your address - Having an address in a rural area can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large Georgia cities tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
Mature drivers pay less - Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be more careless when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a beginning driver to your car insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Impacts performance impacts rates - The make and model of the car you drive makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Since the Buick Enclave is classified as a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Atlanta. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Low stress vocation equals lower premiums - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as military generals, airline pilots, and emergency personnel generally pay the highest rates because of intense work-related stress and long work days. Conversely, jobs like actors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
Insurance losses for a Buick Enclave - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Buick Enclave Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD||85||101||83||67||63||81|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD||93||110||92||64||62||84|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Georgia?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Buick Enclave?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What are good deductibles for a Buick Enclave?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a good Atlanta insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Atlanta can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it's recommended you check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Atlanta who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 - Atlanta, GA 30345 - (404) 633-4321 - View Map
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Randy Beavers - State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy - Atlanta, GA 30328 - (770) 396-3810 - View Map
- Lisa Dobbs - State Farm Insurance Agent
2323 Cumberland Pkwy SE #101 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 365-8515 - View Map
- Mark Pritchard - State Farm Insurance Agent
3280 Howell Mill Rd NW #107 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 856-4950 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Enclave in Atlanta, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Buick, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Buick Enclave but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Georgia is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices and delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Buick Enclave insurance car insurance rates in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Atlanta car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)