Finding cheap Cadillac Escalade insurance in Atlanta might be kind of frustrating for drivers not familiar with online insurance quotes. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, it can easily be a real difficult job to find the perfect company for you.
Unbelievably, almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Georgia could save nearly 60% each year just by shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rate quotes online.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Quoting and buying the most affordable policy in Atlanta is easy to do. But Georgia drivers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to set your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Cadillac Escalade Insurance Rates Can Be More Affordable
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors that factor into rates.
Better insurance rates on safer vehicles - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Does your employer cost you more? - Jobs such as fire fighters, architects and dentists generally pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Are males or females drivers cheaper? - Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Rates go up with performance - The performance of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices tend to be for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Cadillac Escalade is a luxury SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more in price than the average rate where you live in Atlanta.
Discounts for multiple policies - The majority of insurers will award better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Liability coverage - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Frequent policy claims increase insurance rates - Car insurance companies in Georgia give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Cadillac Escalade insurance claim data - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Cadillac Escalade vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac Escalade Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac Escalade 4dr 2WD||156||122|
|Cadillac Escalade 4dr 4WD||132||99||119||55|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD||124|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD||123||106||155|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information including the year, make and model of vehicles, driver ages, level of coverage desired, and types of safety features. Your insurance information gets transmitted to insurance companies and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your Cadillac Escalade now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$404||$854||$556||$32||$166||$2,012||$168|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$244||$428||$556||$32||$166||$1,426||$119|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$322||$550||$556||$32||$166||$1,626||$136|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$220||$362||$462||$28||$138||$1,210||$101|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$498||$1026||$454||$26||$136||$2,140||$178|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$502||$1204||$538||$32||$162||$2,438||$203|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$512||$938||$492||$30||$148||$2,120||$177|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$340||$584||$506||$30||$152||$1,612||$134|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$462||$782||$582||$34||$174||$2,034||$170|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$390||$824||$426||$26||$128||$1,794||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact coverage prices considerably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below shows the comparison of Cadillac Escalade annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac Escalade in Atlanta, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, most lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Cadillac Escalade and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta overpays as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save a ton by applying discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there's a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Telematics Data - Atlanta drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good driver, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, driver's education, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, defensive driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, and student driver.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for student away at school, multi-policy, save driver, payment discounts, driver training, multi-car, and home ownership.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
Check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Atlanta.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
If you want a local Atlanta insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Atlanta are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
- Valerie Primas - State Farm Insurance Agent
2798 Lakewood Ave SW a - Atlanta, GA 30315 - (404) 209-1225 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3680 Cascade Rd c - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 472-9003 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Douglas Hollis
2195 Fairburn Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 629-1510 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Atlanta independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Who is covered when they drive my Cadillac Escalade?
- Will my Cadillac Escalade be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Compare but don't skimp
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
People switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We covered many ideas to save on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)