Are you doing reasearch to find lower-priced Chevy Cavalier insurance in Atlanta? Sick and tired of sacrificing to pay your car insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as many other Georgia consumers.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Georgia could cut their rates by 60% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to do a rate comparison. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO continually bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Atlanta is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Consumers just have to understand the most efficient way to quote multiple rates instantly.
First Step: Get free Chevy Cavalier insurance quotes
Cutting your Atlanta car insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Just take time to get quotes to discover which company has affordable Chevrolet Cavalier insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of a local Atlanta agent. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Cavalier in Atlanta, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Chevy Cavalier and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Can you really save if you switch?
Consumers in Georgia get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest premium rates from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all state the claim about savings if you switch your coverage.
How can each company make almost identical claims? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them the most money. A good example of a desirable risk might be described as between the ages of 30 and 45, has other policies, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anyone that fits those parameters gets the lowest premium rates and will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who are not a match for this stringent profile will get higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can make those statements.
That is why drivers must get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will have the lowest Chevy Cavalier insurance in Atlanta.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Atlanta may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Cavalier insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Atlanta insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is still important in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to companies in Atlanta who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Atlanta can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can handle insurance, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you free insurance rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Atlanta should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Persistence pays off
We covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Chevy Cavalier insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper Chevy Cavalier insurance in Atlanta is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Active Military in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)