Are you intimidated by the number of auto insurance sources in your area? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many sources available that it is a chore to find the lowest price for Chevy Cruze insurance in Atlanta. Lots of people think Atlanta has lots to offer, but high auto insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to buy full coverage.
Statistics show that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Atlanta can cut their rates by up to $1,000 a year, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It’s smart to check auto insurance prices yearly because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Chevy Cruze insurance in Atlanta a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Shopping around for cheaper protection in Atlanta is not as hard as you may think. Essentially anyone who compares rate quotes for auto insurance will be able to find better rates. Although Georgia vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
Cheapest companies for Chevy Cruze insurance in Georgia
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Affordable Atlanta car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Atlanta attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive better car insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see insurers who offer free Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Georgia, click this link.
Local Atlanta insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Atlanta may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to contact multiple independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below are Atlanta independent agents who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 525-1600 – View Map
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 – Atlanta, GA 30316 – (404) 624-3102 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Kerry Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 – Atlanta, GA 30341 – (770) 455-0017 – View Map
- Phyllis Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Dresden Dr NE #253 – Atlanta, GA 30319 – (404) 812-9951 – View Map
- Carter Nicholson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3040 Briarcliff Rd NE c – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 748-9739 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Atlanta should know the answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Atlanta?
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run ads in print and on television. All the companies seem to make the promise about savings if you just switch to their company. How do they all cost less than your current company? It’s all in the wording.
Different companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be described as over the age of 35, has had continuous coverage, and does not commute to work. Any customer that meets those criteria receives the best car insurance rates in Atlanta and most likely will save a lot of money.
People who don’t measure up to these standards will probably have to pay higher rates which results in the customer buying from someone else. The ad wording is “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why you need to compare price quotes frequently. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will be your best fit.
Lower rates by being persistent
We just covered many ways to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance prices in Atlanta. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. The cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Atlanta can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Much more information about auto insurance in Georgia can be read at these links:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)