Looking for lower-priced Chevy Spark insurance in Atlanta? Think you have an expensive insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are many Atlanta consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds in Georgia have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in the United States can save nearly 47% each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates. Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with catchy ads and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Spark insurance in Atlanta?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Organization Discounts – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Online Discount – Certain car insurance companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current Spark insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Atlanta auto insurance quotes online.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Spark insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Atlanta Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Atlanta can earn you a little savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your car insurance premiums.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, good student, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and air bags.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include teen driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, student driver, and driver training.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
If you are trying to find low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Four Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Your job can affect premiums – Occupations such as real estate brokers, executives and dentists usually pay higher average rates due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Combining policies can get discounts – The majority of companies afford discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other Atlanta Spark insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Atlanta.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Below are agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quotes for Chevy Spark insurance in Atlanta.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long has their agency been open in Atlanta?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
If you get answers to your satisfaction and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found a company that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you are able to cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Spark in Atlanta, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Spark, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Georgia overpays more than $869 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More effort can pay off
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Chevy Spark insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Spark insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)