Are you sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other consumers in Georgia.
It’s astonishing, but over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Drivers in Georgia can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison. Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the lowest rate on Chevy Tracker insurance in Atlanta.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Chevy vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Tracker insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Georgia but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves your Chevy Tracker and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Will you really save $492 on insurance?
Georgia drivers can’t avoid all the ads that promise big savings by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all convey the message about savings just by moving your policy.
How does every insurance company give you a lower rate on Chevy Tracker insurance in Atlanta? This is how they do it.
All companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer might have to be a mature driver, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any driver that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap premium rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot on Atlanta Chevy Tracker insurance if they switch.
Consumers who do not meet this stringent profile may be required to pay higher premiums and this results in the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save money. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do.
This really drives home the point why you really need to get Atlanta car insurance quotes from several different companies. It is just not possible to predict which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- E-sign – A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- College Student Discount – Older children living away from Atlanta attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Travelers includes discounts for save driver, new car, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, good student, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly retired, exclusive group savings, new move discount, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find insurers offering car insurance discounts in Georgia, click here.
Buying insurance from Atlanta auto insurance agents
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Atlanta who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good Atlanta insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Atlanta can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Atlanta that can give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How are claims handled?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Upon receiving positive feedback to all your questions as well as the cheapest Chevrolet Tracker insurance in Atlanta quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. It’s important to know that consumers can cancel coverage when you choose so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a policy for the full policy term.
Car insurance can get complicated
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
You can lower your insurance rates
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
Budget-conscious Chevy Tracker insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)