Dodge Durango insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to find lower-priced Dodge Durango insurance in Atlanta? Wish you could get out of high-priced Dodge Durango insurance in Atlanta? Believe me when I say many Atlanta drivers have buyer's remorse.
It's amazing but a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Atlanta could save an average of approximately $1,000 each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You have multiple insurers to pick from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, it can be more challenging to compare rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Atlanta.
It's a good habit to shop coverage around once or twice a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best quotes on Dodge Durango insurance in Atlanta two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Atlanta seems hard but is not really that difficult. Nearly every car owner who needs more affordable insurance most likely will get better rates. Although Georgia consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies determine what you pay.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Durango insurance in Atlanta.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Good Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you low cost Dodge Durango insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Durango insurance in Atlanta.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include good driver, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, driver training, payment discounts, good student, and new car.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good driver, accident-free, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Atlanta, follow this link.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from different companies. The recommended way to compare Dodge Durango insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Quoting Dodge Durango insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance only provided by licensed Atlanta agents. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Atlanta
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine rates.
Annual mileage impacts rates - The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Durango is just wasting money. It's always a good idea to double check that your policy states the right rating data, because it can save money.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
Defend yourself with liability - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Advanced alarms and GPS tracking - Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Add-on coverages can waste money - There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if you've never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Multiple policies with one company - Most larger insurance companies apply lower prices to people who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Your address can push rates up or down - Being located in less populated areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Dodge Durango insurance loss probability - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Dodge Durango Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What policy terms are available?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You won't need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Atlanta, get answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
If you need to find a reputable agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give comparison quotes.
Once you have positive feedback to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that you are entitled to cancel your policy at any time so don't think you're contractually obligated to your new company for the entire policy term.
Protect your Durango and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Durango insurance, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Durango has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Durango are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Georgia overpays more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Affordable insurance prices are available
Budget-conscious Dodge Durango insurance is possible both online in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of information how to find lower-cost Dodge Durango insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)