Do you want to save money by finding more competitive insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Dodge Ram 2500 insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Dodge and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
Low cost Atlanta Dodge Ram 2500 insurance price quotes online
Lowering your insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All you need to do is invest a little time to compare rate quotes from online providers.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$296||$622||$502||$30||$150||$1,600||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$182||$428||$502||$30||$150||$1,292||$108|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$278||$560||$444||$26||$134||$1,442||$120|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$436||$830||$582||$34||$174||$2,056||$171|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$374||$954||$538||$32||$162||$2,060||$172|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$328||$854||$502||$30||$150||$1,864||$155|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$302||$476||$454||$26||$136||$1,394||$116|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$382||$694||$444||$26||$134||$1,680||$140|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$438||$582||$34||$174||$1,498||$125|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$230||$372||$454||$26||$136||$1,218||$102|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$486||$720||$582||$34||$174||$1,996||$166|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$268||$622||$466||$28||$140||$1,524||$127|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$226||$558||$578||$34||$172||$1,568||$131|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$366||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,790||$149|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$348||$556||$458||$28||$138||$1,528||$127|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$214||$350||$458||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$332||$550||$454||$26||$136||$1,498||$125|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$294||$550||$502||$30||$150||$1,526||$127|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$366||$704||$426||$26||$128||$1,650||$138|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$268||$476||$426||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates greatly.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Score discounts on Atlanta insurance
Some providers don't necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy premium.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, air bags, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for driver training, home ownership, continuous insurance, student away at school, new car, and good student.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, anti-theft, business or organization, good student, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, mature driver, early shopping, homeowner, distant student, and teen driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online shopper, paid-in-full, homeowner, emergency road assistance, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, driver's education, good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, professional/association, type of vehicle, accident-free, and good driver.
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings might not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Atlanta, follow this link.
Why you need insurance for your Ram 2500
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Ram 2500 in Atlanta, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Ram 2500?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Georgia?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Dodge Ram 2500?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Atlanta insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agents is still important in Atlanta.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for local Atlanta agents, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Atlanta are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both types can write insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it's a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below are Atlanta independent agencies that can possibly get you free insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 660-3821 - View Map
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 525-1600 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Laura Leidigh
7 Lenox Pointe NE - Atlanta, GA 30324 - (404) 233-5650 - View Map
- Trevor Nollner - State Farm Insurance Agent
881 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #17 - Atlanta, GA 30306 - (678) 515-8297 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Atlanta?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to all your questions as well as cheaper Ram 2500 insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.