How long have you put off shopping around for the cheapest Ford Focus insurance in Atlanta? Locating the lowest cost Atlanta Ford Focus insurance quotes might seem challenging for people that are relatively new to comparison shopping online. Since there are so many insurers available, how are we expected to possibly compare each option to find cheaper car insurance rates?
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the United States could save $850 every year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Atlanta is much easier if you know where to start. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Georgia car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies determine what you pay.
Best companies for Ford Focus insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$752||$532||$32||$158||$1,802||$150|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$414||$516||$30||$154||$1,360||$113|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$886||$532||$32||$158||$1,936||$161|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$500||$370||$22||$110||$1,206||$101|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$144||$316||$418||$24||$126||$1,028||$86|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$706||$502||$30||$150||$1,680||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise premiums greatly.
Ford Focus full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Focus settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Ford Focus insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Atlanta Insurance Prices
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- More traffic means higher claims – Residing in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit score factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Focus by improving your credit score.
- Gals pay lower prices – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring economy passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Because the Ford Focus is classified as a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Atlanta.
- Add-on coverages you don’t use – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your Focus policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Liability coverage risk factors in – Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Filing auto insurance claims can cost more – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Georgia award lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Your job can affect rates – Occupations like fire fighters, executives and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than average because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Insurance losses for a Ford Focus – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Focus Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many types of discounts on Ford Focus insurance in Atlanta
Companies do not list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Ford Focus insurance.
- E-sign – A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application online.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable data collection to study driving manner remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn cheaper rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, good student, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- 21st Century discounts include anti-lock brakes, early bird, homeowners, theft prevention, teen driver, and air bags.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, good student, and air bag.
When quoting, ask every company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Atlanta that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Where are claims handled?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Atlanta insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta who may provide you with price quote information.
- Willard Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
3867 Roswell Rd NE #101 – Atlanta, GA 30342 – (404) 816-8885 – View Map
- Eddie Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 – Atlanta, GA 30346 – (770) 394-5068 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Sheree Johnson
1218 Fairburn Rd SW #204 – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 682-1940 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Atlanta independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (912) 355-4549 – View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E – Atlanta, GA 30340 – (770) 452-8881 – View Map
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-3511 – View Map
Ads can be misleading
Well-known car insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. They all seem to try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your coverage to them. How can each company have lower policy pricing? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance providers are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. One example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns their home, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any person that matches those criteria will get very good Atlanta prices and will probably save when they switch companies.
Insureds who don’t meet the requirements must pay higher prices which results in the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why you need to compare as many free Atlanta car insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to guess which company will be your best fit.
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Persistence will pay off
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, high prices or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When getting Atlanta car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read many ways to compare Ford Focus insurance rates in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Active Military in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)