Would you like to find cheaper Ford Mustang insurance in Atlanta? Nobody I know likes buying car insurance, especially when it costs too dang much.
Amazingly, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Atlanta can cut their rates by nearly $1,000 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rates. Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details like what your job is, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, which vehicles you own, and how many miles driven. The data is instantly provided to many different companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$386||$720||$516||$30||$154||$1,806||$151|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$144||$316||$462||$28||$138||$1,088||$91|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$298||$704||$378||$22||$114||$1,516||$126|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$374||$954||$596||$36||$178||$2,138||$178|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$678||$532||$32||$158||$1,662||$139|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$428||$1064||$506||$30||$152||$2,180||$182|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower premiums substantially.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Mustang yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Mustang book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Don't overlook these Ford Mustang insurance discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, good driver, driver's education, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, driver training, daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, automatic seat belts, homeowners, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
When getting free Atlanta auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Atlanta.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
If you are wanting to find a local Atlanta insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Atlanta agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can do a good job, but we need to point out how they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to include at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
Components of Your Ford Mustang Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Low stress employer equals lower prices - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like lawyers, executives and accountants usually pay higher premium rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like actors, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Get a ticket, pay higher rates - Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have gotten careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
The higher your credit history the lower your costs - Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit history is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your Ford Mustang by improving your credit score.
Your liability insurance limits - Liability coverage is the protection when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Most larger companies apply a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other Atlanta Mustang insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Affects performance affects premiums - The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for small economy passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Ford Mustang is classified as a sports car, insurance will be much more compared to average rates in Atlanta.
Ford Mustang statistical loss data - Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Ford Mustang vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Ford Mustang Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Mustang 2dr||175||80||131||109||136||117|
|Ford Mustang GT 2dr||171||61||143||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Ford vehicle and other assets
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Shop around and save
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheap Ford Mustang insurance in Atlanta is attainable from both online companies and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)