Would you like to stop wasting money and find cheaper auto insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Honda CR-Z insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Honda and locate the cheapest rates.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. The intent of this article is to instruct you on how auto insurance companies operate and how you can save the most money. Shoppers just need to know the quickest method to get comparison quotes from multiple carriers.
Many insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage price quotes online. Doing online quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Atlanta is quite simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. After you submit the form the company's rating system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it's necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable premium possible.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Atlanta
Some companies don't always publicize the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Atlanta can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- College Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 shop Atlanta auto insurance digitally online.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, distant student, pay in full, alternative fuel, teen driver, multi-car, and homeowner.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, defensive driver, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and online quote.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, safe driver, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, good driver, good student, and anti-theft.
If you need cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask each company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply in your area. To find insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Atlanta, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Atlanta insurance agencies?
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Atlanta auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlanta?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Atlanta insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta are considered either independent or exclusive. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
The following are Atlanta exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Bryant Thompson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2230 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 228-6085 - View Map
- Lisa Dobbs - State Farm Insurance Agent
2323 Cumberland Pkwy SE #101 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 365-8515 - View Map
- Traci McCrory - State Farm Insurance Agent
1526 E Forrest Ave #250 - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (678) 539-8623 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you've never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
What Determines Honda CR-Z Insurance Costs?
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Do you really need to file that insurance claims? - Auto insurance companies in Georgia provide discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Where you call home - Residing in less populated areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Your car's features help determine prices - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If the Honda CR-Z is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Deductibles are a factor - Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, or theft. The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Honda CR-Z historical loss data - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional
Even though Atlanta CR-Z insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Honda CR-Z has a lien holder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You can find cheap coverage
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Honda CR-Z insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Atlanta auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Atlanta is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)