Sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to insure your Hyundai every month? Your situation is no different than most other vehicle owners in Georgia.
Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Georgia insurance shoppers could pocket roughly 60% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates.
Popular companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best deal on Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Atlanta last year the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Ioniq insurance online but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Atlanta.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Choosing the best rates in Atlanta can initially seem challenging. Although Georgia vehicle owners do need to know the way companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare prices from many car insurance companies in Georgia. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Hyundai Ioniq insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional assistance of a local agent. Although you can compare online quotes but purchase the actual policy in an agency. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare rates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model is cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to monitor driving habits remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Atlanta.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Atlanta.
When to talk to an agent
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Atlanta.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to companies in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Different types of Atlanta car insurance agents
When finding a good insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
DeWayne Hrabowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (404) 758-5400 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Where are claims handled?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my Hyundai Ioniq need full coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- What are good deductibles for a Hyundai Ioniq?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Georgia?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Smart Buyers Know How to Get Car Insurance for Less
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
- Costs are affected by your address – Having an address in a small town can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims. People who live in big cities regularly have congested traffic and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- High deductibles lower rates – Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Never let your car insurance expire – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Georgia department of motor vehicles.
- Too many policy claims will drive premiums up – Car insurance companies in Georgia award the best rates to people who do not file claims often. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Ioniq in Atlanta, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai Ioniq and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Hyundai gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Compare rates regularly to save
In this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Hyundai Ioniq insurance rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easier than you think.
Cheaper Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Atlanta is attainable online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Atlanta car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)