Want to learn how to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta drivers have options when trying to find affordable Kia Borrego insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Kia and get the lowest price.
The intent of this article is to instruct you on how to get online quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have coverage now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Drivers just need to understand the most effective way to compare prices on the web.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Kia Borrego insurance in Atlanta
Some companies don't list all available discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their company to track vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- E-sign - A handful of companies provide a small discount shop Atlanta auto insurance digitally online.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, good student, bundle, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including low natural disaster claims, good student, good driver, age of vehicle, and location of vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, daytime running lights, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, air bags, and military active duty.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, driver's education, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Atlanta. To view insurers with significant discounts in Georgia, click this link.
Getting cheap Kia Borrego car insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. All you need to do is invest a few minutes to compare rates from different insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. It's important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower rates.
Shown below are a few of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better rates - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rearending another vehicle, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Gender and auto insurance premiums - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that men are worse drivers. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Why do you need liability? - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - The majority of car insurance companies afford better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find lower rates by buying from different companies
- Mature drivers are lower risk - Young drivers in Georgia are proven to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent. Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is important especially in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don't have to contact an agency because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to give rate quotes.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give price quotes.
- Clyde Hill Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 N E Expy - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 452-1485 - View Map
- Danny Gibson State Farm Insurance Agent
215 Piedmont Ave NE #1 - Atlanta, GA 30308 - (404) 524-2292 - View Map
- Lindsay Mullen - State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 N Druid Hills Rd Ste 145 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 728-1000 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that can be trusted to service your policy.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta is overpaying over $855 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Cheaper insurance in Atlanta can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to shop Atlanta auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)