No sane person fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially knowing they could get a better deal.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Georgia can cut their rates by 60% a year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop their coverage around.
Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the best price available on Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta.
It’s important to get comparison quotes yearly since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal on Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to buy cheaper Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta.
If you have auto insurance now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Atlanta is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. But Georgia vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies charge you for coverage because it can help you find the best coverage.
All major auto insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide price estimates direct online. Obtaining pricing for Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information. Quoting online for Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to find the best auto insurance rates.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$376||$752||$532||$32||$158||$1,850||$154|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$600||$402||$24||$120||$1,474||$123|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$514||$378||$22||$114||$1,266||$106|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$214||$404||$370||$22||$110||$1,120||$93|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$380||$742||$532||$32||$158||$1,844||$154|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$366||$814||$512||$30||$154||$1,876||$156|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$556||$406||$24||$122||$1,420||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower insurance rates substantially.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of Mazda 3 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need Mazda 3 insurance in Georgia
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Atlanta, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 3 has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the items companies use to determine premiums.
Your stress level may be raising your prices – Occupational choices like military generals, airline pilots, and dentists generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like actors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
Urban residents pay more – Having an address in areas with lower population has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people means less chance of accidents. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Theft deterrents save – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Performance impacts insurance prices – The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest premiums are for small economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Mazda 3 is considered a compact sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower compared to average rates in Atlanta.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more miles you rack up on your Mazda annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. A policy that improperly rates your 3 is just wasting money.
Insurance loss data for a Mazda 3 – Companies use past insurance losses to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Mazda 3 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Mazda 3 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda 3 Hatchback||91||80||96||81||73||86|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Mazda 3 insurance rates in Atlanta
Some companies do not advertise every discount available very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Atlanta car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Atlanta Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Atlanta can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn cheaper rates.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find cheaper Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Atlanta, follow this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Mazda 3 is totaled?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Atlanta should know the answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Atlanta
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Atlanta can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta willing to provide rate quotes.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 – Atlanta, GA 30316 – (404) 624-3102 – View Map
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
Discount Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)