Do you get exhausted from trying to scrape together enough money to pay car insurance each month? You're in the same situation as many other Georgia consumers.
Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save nearly 47% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Due to the abundance of choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a Subaru Forester in Atlanta, it can be challenging to choose the most cost effective car insurance company.
It's a great practice to check car insurance prices before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Subaru Forester insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the best methods to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Atlanta can initially seem challenging. If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the following tips. Although Georgia consumers do need to learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
When looking for affordable Subaru Forester insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare quotes from lots of Georgia insurance companies. The simplest method to lower the rate you pay for Subaru Forester insurance consists of shopping online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you're the type of person who wants the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy. Just remember that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it's necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forester X AWD||$204||$364||$434||$26||$130||$1,158||$97|
|Forester X Premium AWD||$370||$600||$342||$20||$102||$1,434||$120|
|Forester X Premium AWP AWD||$278||$414||$334||$20||$100||$1,146||$96|
|Forester X Limited Edition AWD||$388||$562||$344||$20||$104||$1,418||$118|
|Forester X Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$304||$560||$404||$24||$122||$1,414||$118|
|Forester XT AWD||$184||$322||$322||$18||$96||$942||$79|
|Forester XT Limited Edition AWD||$184||$322||$322||$18||$96||$942||$79|
|Forester XT Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$298||$514||$322||$18||$96||$1,248||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can impact auto insurance rates greatly.
Careless Atlanta drivers pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Subaru Forester car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance in Georgia serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Forester in Atlanta, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Georgia but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Forester with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Subaru Forester but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
What Impacts Subaru Forester Insurance Rates?
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in lower rates.
- Liability limits are a factor - Your insurance policy's liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Lower mileage equals lower premium - The higher the miles on your Subaru annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Forester is throwing money out the window.
- Drivers with excellent credit save - Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Subaru Forester by improving your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings.
- When should you not file a insurance claims? - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don't be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Georgia give lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Since the Subaru Forester is a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Atlanta. Economy passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Lower rates come with age - Young drivers in Georgia have been known to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older people are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Prevent theft and save - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
- Your address can influence price - Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Subaru Forester insurance loss data - Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru Forester vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Subaru Forester Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD 71 80 108 72 76 68 Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD with Eyesight 74 66 118 77 78 53
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Subaru Forester insurance in Atlanta
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Forester can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to bad drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. To choose companies with significant discounts in Georgia, click this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How long has their agency been in business in Atlanta?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you're trying to find a local Atlanta insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
If you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
As you quote Atlanta auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Subaru Forester insurance rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)