Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced Toyota 86 insurance in Atlanta? It’s a common feeling and many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in America can save roughly $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
With so many options for buying affordable insurance for a Toyota 86 in Atlanta, it can be impossible to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Toyota 86 insurance in Atlanta two years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Comparison shopping for the most affordable car insurance policy in Atlanta can be fairly easy. Virtually everyone who carries car insurance should get better rates. Nevertheless, Georgia vehicle owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Toyota 86 insurance in Atlanta is to know the trick most insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as if you have an active license, how you use your vehicles, whether you are married, and level of coverage desired. Your rating data gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Atlanta.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Atlanta, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Toyota and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Georgia is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Five Things That Impact Your Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating reflects the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your 86 is just wasting money.
Your address can modify price – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Georgia cities have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Car insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department.
Teenage drivers pay higher costs – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Teenage drivers are proven to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Consolidate policies with the same company – Most larger insurance companies apply discounts to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper 86 insurance.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premium.
Companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, business and professional, homeowner, bundle discounts, pay in full, and teen driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- USAA offers discounts including multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, vehicle storage, and family discount.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Atlanta can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Atlanta who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
Randy Beavers – State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy – Atlanta, GA 30328 – (770) 396-3810 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What company do they have the most business with?
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as low cost Toyota 86 insurance quotes, you may have found a car insurance agent that can provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your policy any time you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent indefinitely.
Persistence pays off
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Affordable Toyota 86 insurance in Atlanta can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare Toyota 86 insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Much more information about car insurance in Georgia is located at the links below