How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost Toyota Prius insurance in Atlanta? Sick and tired of paying out the nose to insure your Toyota every month? You have the same problem as many other Georgia drivers.
Amazingly, most consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Atlanta consumers could save nearly $960 each year by just shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to do a rate comparison. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Georgia
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can affect price quotes greatly.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The example below illustrates the difference between Toyota Prius premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Toyota Prius insurance premiums for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Prius liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Toyota Prius premium costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set guideline for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Toyota Prius book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Slash rates with these discounts on Toyota Prius insurance in Atlanta
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Save over 55 - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Atlanta car insurance quote.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new Prius can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta car insurance quote.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, youthful driver, safe driver, good student, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Travelers offers discounts for good student, student away at school, driver training, IntelliDrive, new car, payment discounts, and early quote.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, driver training, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state. For a list of companies who offer free Toyota Prius insurance quotes in Georgia, click here to view.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Atlanta can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
Deciding on a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Atlanta should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlanta?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that policyholders can cancel coverage any time you want so never feel that you're stuck with any particular company for any length of time.
Don't give up on cheap rates
Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Toyota Prius insurance in Atlanta can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Toyota Prius insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Toyota Prius rate quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)