Buying affordable Atlanta Toyota Rav4 insurance quotes over the internet might seem overwhelming for beginners to comparing prices on the internet. With dozens of companies competing online, how can Atlanta drivers possibly compare every company in order to find the lowest price available?
A study showed that a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. The average driver in Atlanta could save almost $960 each year by just shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
Cheapest companies for Toyota Rav4 insurance in Georgia
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$262||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$294||$502||$402||$24||$120||$1,342||$112|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$144||$268||$370||$22||$110||$914||$76|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$238||$436||$378||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$212||$426||$444||$26||$134||$1,242||$104|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$328||$600||$402||$24||$120||$1,474||$123|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$308||$562||$406||$24||$122||$1,422||$119|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$224||$380||$406||$24||$122||$1,156||$96|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$170||$296||$406||$24||$122||$1,018||$85|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$146||$274||$378||$22||$114||$934||$78|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$212||$404||$444||$26||$134||$1,220||$102|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$162||$316||$414||$24||$124||$1,040||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
Car insurance cost for men versus women
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Rav4 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Higher deductibles save money
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Toyota Rav4 insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Atlanta Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine prices.
- Gender and insurance rates - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Women and men get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Don't cut corners with liability protection - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- The more you drive the more you pay - Driving a lot of miles each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Rav4 can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects annual mileage, because it can save money.
- When should you file a claims? - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Georgia give lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - Most major insurers will award lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare Toyota Rav4 rates in Atlanta to make sure you are getting the best deal.
You may qualify for discounts for Toyota Rav4 insurance in Atlanta
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before being credited.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Toyota could qualify for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Atlanta car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- MetLife discounts include good student, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including home ownership, multi-policy, multi-car, new car, good student, payment discounts, and driver training.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see insurance companies with discount rates in Atlanta, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to have an agent's advice. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Atlanta?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Atlanta can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Ryan King - State Farm Insurance Agent
3355 Lenox Rd NE #230 - Atlanta, GA 30326 - (404) 816-3276 - View Map
- Randy Beavers - State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy - Atlanta, GA 30328 - (770) 396-3810 - View Map
- Carter Nicholson - State Farm Insurance Agent
3040 Briarcliff Rd NE c - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 748-9739 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following are Atlanta independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
After you get good responses to any questions you have and cheaper Rav4 insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
We just covered some good ideas how you can lower your Toyota Rav4 insurance prices in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Toyota Rav4 insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)