Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Volvo V60 in Georgia could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Volvo and locate the lowest price.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Comparison shopping for affordable insurance policy in Atlanta is not as difficult as people think. Shoppers just need to use the proper way to shop their coverage around on the web.
Companies offering Volvo V60 insurance in Atlanta
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Pay lower rates after the wedding – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your insurance bill. It is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Because the Volvo V60 is considered a luxury crossover, rates will be substantially more compared to average rates in Atlanta. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Avoid policy lapses – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Georgia DMV.
Youthful drivers cost more – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most larger insurers will give better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Volvo V60 insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium rates. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo V60 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo V60 Vehicles
|Specific Volvo Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo V60 2WD||68||53|
|Volvo V60 4WD||136||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance rates and discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better car insurance rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Atlanta and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total V60 insurance premium.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Georgia, click here.
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Atlanta.
By using this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Atlanta agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to include independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (470) 771-3398 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (470) 355-1973 – View Map
- White and White Insurance
2882 E Point St – Atlanta, GA 30344 – (404) 766-9390 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
- Cheryl S Parsel – State Farm Insurance Agent
3145 Peachtree Rd #197 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (404) 814-0071 – View Map
- Valerie Primas – State Farm Insurance Agent
2798 Lakewood Ave SW a – Atlanta, GA 30315 – (404) 209-1225 – View Map
- Ryan King – State Farm Insurance Agent
3355 Lenox Rd NE #230 – Atlanta, GA 30326 – (404) 816-3276 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you get a free Atlanta auto insurance quote and switch your car insurance policy to them.
How is it possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance providers have strict underwriting profiles for a prospective insured that earns them the highest profit. For example, this type of insured could be a mature driver, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anybody that matches those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Atlanta and therefore will save some money.
Potential customers who fall outside these criteria will get a higher premium which translates to the customer not purchasing. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
Because of this risk profiling, it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have better auto insurance rates than you’re paying now.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Georgia?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Volvo V60 insurance rates online in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Volvo V60 insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Atlanta can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)