Dodge Challenger insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for low-cost Dodge Challenger insurance in Atlanta? When shopping for cheaper insurance, are you confused by the crazy number of insurance companies available to you? Lot's of other drivers are too. There are so many options that it is a ton of work to find the lowest price for Dodge Challenger insurance in Atlanta. If you live there, you know that Atlanta is a wonderful place to live, but expensive premiums for insurance makes it impossible to buy full coverage.
Unimaginable but true, over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted insurance rates at all. Consumers in Georgia could save themselves approximately 60% a year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to compare rates and save money.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best price on Dodge Challenger insurance in Atlanta two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Lower Your Atlanta Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Job impacts rates - Jobs such as military generals, police officers, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest average rates attributed to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, students and homemakers pay the least.
- Your liability limits - The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Rates for guys may be higher - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper - Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Prices can change based on your address - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - Most major companies allow better rates to clients who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- What's your car's IIHS safety rating? - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Dodge Challenger scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Dodge Challenger insurance in Atlanta utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is provide information like your general credit rating, if you require a SR-22, level of coverage desired, and distance driven. That rating data is instantly provided to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To compare affordable Dodge Challenger insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Atlanta which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Dodge Challenger insurance prices for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost in Atlanta?
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Challenger insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Challenger claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Policy deductible comparison
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Dodge Challenger insurance prices for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Georgia
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Challenger has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Dodge. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Cheap Atlanta auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don't list every discount available very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Telematics Discount - Atlanta drivers who agree to allow data collection to study driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags could see savings of more than 20%.
- College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Atlanta and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for ease of repair, professional/association, multi-car, annual mileage, and type of vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and business or organization.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
When getting free Atlanta car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Atlanta. To choose companies who offer free Dodge Challenger insurance quotes in Georgia, follow this link.
Do I need an agent?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Best auto insurance agent in Atlanta
When narrowing the list to find local Atlanta agents, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quotes.
- Phyllis Mitchell - State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Dresden Dr NE #253 - Atlanta, GA 30319 - (404) 812-9951 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Anissa Few Davenport
2030 Bolton Rd NW #200 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (678) 705-5898 - View Map
- Randy Beavers - State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy - Atlanta, GA 30328 - (770) 396-3810 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get comparison quotes.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
You just read many ideas to save on Dodge Challenger insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Lower-priced insurance in Atlanta is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)