Did budget coverage turn out to be an expensive auto insurance policy? It's quite common and you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare rate quotes online.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to get the best rate on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Atlanta.
If you're already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Atlanta is really not that difficult. But Georgia car owners do need to know how big insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Many insurance companies provide prices for coverage online. Comparing Ford Five Hundred insurance rates online doesn't take much effort as you simply type in your required coverages into a form. After you complete the form, their quoting system will order your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on many factors. The ability to get online rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Atlanta makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to perform this step in order to get the most affordable possible premiums on insurance.
In order to find out how much you're overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This way, you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies offer quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Five Hundred has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your Ford Five Hundred but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta is overpaying more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Save money with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Having multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Georgia, click here.
Buying car insurance from Atlanta car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Atlanta.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Atlanta who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to give free car insurance quotes.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Atlanta?
Upon getting reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as inexpensive Ford Five Hundred insurance in Atlanta quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance. But remember, you have the power to cancel your coverage at any time so never feel you are locked into your new company with no way to switch.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Atlanta is available on the web in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)