Would you like an easy way to compare lower-priced auto insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Honda Clarity insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Honda and locate the cheapest rates.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Honda Clarity insurance in Atlanta two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The purpose of this article is to teach you the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some tricks to saving. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the ideas presented in this article. Smart shoppers just need to understand how to shop from many companies at once.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Does your occupation raise your rates? – Jobs such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and miners tend to pay higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, careers like scientists, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Age of drivers impacts rates – Drivers with little experience have been known to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver to your car insurance policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, protects your Honda from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, or theft. Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Don’t buy add-on coverages that may not be needed – Policies have extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Getting a more affordable price on insurance is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes comparing free Atlanta car insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Atlanta car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Insurance is not optional in Georgia
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Clarity in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Honda gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Honda Clarity insurance in Atlanta with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Atlanta car insurance but check with your company.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will lower the cost of your policy.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, good driver, accident-free, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, student away at school, passive restraint, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
When getting free Atlanta car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be available in Atlanta. If you would like to view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
Neighborhood Atlanta auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower prices and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is especially important in Atlanta.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a good Atlanta insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Atlanta are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta who may provide price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 – Atlanta, GA 30327 – (404) 550-3448 – View Map
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 633-6332 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
- Lisa Dobbs – State Farm Insurance Agent
2323 Cumberland Pkwy SE #101 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 365-8515 – View Map
- Dana Shivalier – State Farm Insurance Agent
1544 Piedmont Ave NE #107 – Atlanta, GA 30324 – (404) 892-0101 – View Map
- Barry Domangue – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Peachtree St NE Ste 103 – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 853-3772 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Georgia?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Insurance agents can help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Will my Honda Clarity be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents. Lower-priced Honda Clarity insurance in Atlanta can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)