Searching for better insurance prices for a Mazda CX-7 in Georgia could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Mazda and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
It's hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by almost $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
If you're already insured or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance and still have adequate protection. Obtaining price quotes for the best-priced auto insurance coverage in Atlanta is quite easy. Drivers only need an understanding of how to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Six Tips to Get Cheap Atlanta Insurance Costs
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive - Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Mazda from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Small coverages can add up - There are many extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you don't pay attention. Coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Low credit rating equals high rates - Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Mazda CX-7 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings.
Performance impacts costs - The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Mazda CX-7 is classified as a crossover, insurance will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Atlanta. Lower cost passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Marriage discount - Getting married actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Prices may be lower depending on your employer - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like real estate brokers, social workers and miners usually pay higher average rates due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as professors, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$224||$380||$406||$24||$122||$1,156||$96|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$382||$612||$394||$24||$118||$1,530||$128|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$164||$268||$370||$22||$110||$934||$78|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$270||$476||$402||$24||$120||$1,292||$108|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$374||$694||$476||$28||$142||$1,714||$143|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$366||$706||$444||$26||$134||$1,676||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Atlanta which can revise premiums significantly.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-7 insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda CX-7 insurance, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your CX-7, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your Mazda CX-7 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your CX-7 definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Mazda CX-7 insurance in Atlanta
Companies don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Online Discount - A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the web.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, federal employee, daytime running lights, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, save driver, early quote, and IntelliDrive.
- Nationwide has discounts for Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, business or organization, good student, anti-theft, family plan, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, alternative fuel, homeowner, business and professional, bundle discounts, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- Esurance has savings for multi-policy, claim free, renters, DriveSense, Switch & Save, defensive driver, and online shopper.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good student, multi-car, annual mileage, good driver, accident-free, and age of vehicle.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area. If you would like to view providers who offer cheap Mazda CX-7 insurance quotes in Atlanta, follow this link.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Atlanta?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
More affordable car insurance in Atlanta is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)