Are you looking for cheaper Subaru Outback insurance in Atlanta? Nobody looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
Unbelievably, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Georgia consumers could save an average of 60% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate on Subaru Outback insurance in Atlanta.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Subaru Outback insurance in Atlanta six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Affordable Atlanta insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Atlanta car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Atlanta car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these benefits possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Atlanta. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Subaru Outback insurance quotes in Georgia, follow this link.
Finding Subaru Outback insurance in Atlanta
Cutting your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to go to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to quote Subaru Outback insurance online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the trained advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$332||$502||$402||$24||$120||$1,380||$115|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$182||$316||$444||$26||$134||$1,102||$92|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$318||$414||$516||$30||$154||$1,432||$119|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$366||$682||$512||$30||$154||$1,744||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premium rates considerably.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The example below illustrates the difference between Subaru Outback yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Where to set your deductibles
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can change Subaru Outback insurance rates for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can influence Subaru Outback auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Subaru Outback Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- High credit rating translates to low premiums – Having a good credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru Outback by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
- Having a spouse brings a discount – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Subaru Outback claim data – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine prices. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Subaru Outback vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Subaru Outback Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Outback 4WD 58 68 106 63 64 68 Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD 57 46 106 61 58 40
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying insurance from Atlanta auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Atlanta for you
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing Outback insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Subaru Outback insurance prices in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Atlanta car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Low-cost Subaru Outback insurance in Atlanta can be found online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)