Paying for pricey Volvo V50 insurance in Atlanta can bottom out your family’s budget and make it hard to pay other bills. Price shopping at each renewal is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Regrettably, most car insurance buyers in Georgia have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in the United States could save up to $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
There are many car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for Volvo V50 insurance in Atlanta.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal on Volvo V50 insurance in Atlanta a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Volvo V50 insurance in Atlanta utilizes the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like how you use your vehicles, an estimate of your credit level, whether or not you need a SR-22, and daily mileage. The data is instantly submitted to all major companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find the cheapest Volvo V50 insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|V50 AWD T5 R-Design||$212||$438||$394||$24||$118||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact premiums noticeably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can influence Volvo V50 premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Volvo V50 auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo V50 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get cheaper rates by getting discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Atlanta and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in Atlanta. To locate providers who offer cheap Volvo V50 insurance quotes in Georgia, click this link.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Volvo V50 Insurance Prices?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Add-on coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up when buying car insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- You might want pay the inexpensive insurance claims yourself – Companies in Georgia provide lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Big cities have higher prices – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Credit history impacts premiums – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. So if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo V50 if you clean up your credit. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit.
- Reduce prices by driving cars with good safety ratings – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If the Volvo V50 scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Local Atlanta insurance agencies and car insurance
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Affordable car insurance prices are available
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Affordable Volvo V50 insurance in Atlanta is possible both online in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about car insurance in Georgia is located at these links:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)