Want to know how to find more affordable car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a Ford and locate the best price possible either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Atlanta is quite easy. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Atlanta
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta auto insurance with certain companies.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Explorer Sport Trac can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can get better auto insurance rates.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the internet.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current Explorer Sport Trac insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Atlanta auto insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, accident-free, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, distant student, early shopping, homeowner, and multi-car.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, seat belt use, multi-policy, membership and employees, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family may include discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, business or organization, easy pay, family plan, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be available in Atlanta. To find insurance companies who offer discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$294||$518||$532||$32||$158||$1,534||$128|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$146||$226||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$144||$220||$370||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$392||$512||$516||$30||$154||$1,604||$134|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$164||$268||$370||$22||$110||$934||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can alter auto insurance rates considerably.
Age, gender, and Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Explorer Sport Trac claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Find Cheaper Insurance with These Tips
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Living in areas with lower population can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Most companies will award a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Higher rates for tough occupations – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and dentists have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers have been known to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on insurance – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. People that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Ford Explorer Sport Trac by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Better drivers have lower rates – Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Georgia provide most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlanta?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How are claims handled?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quotes.
- Shiron Kilgore – State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 527-4883 – View Map
- Phyllis Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Dresden Dr NE #253 – Atlanta, GA 30319 – (404) 812-9951 – View Map
- Mark Pritchard – State Farm Insurance Agent
3280 Howell Mill Rd NW #107 – Atlanta, GA 30327 – (404) 856-4950 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent insurance agents in Atlanta willing to provide rate quotes.
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 – Atlanta, GA 30316 – (404) 624-3102 – View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-9744 – View Map
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac in Atlanta, paying for car insurance is required in Georgia but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Explorer Sport Trac has a lien holder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, policy cancellation or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is easier than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Atlanta. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Atlanta auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Cheaper insurance in Atlanta can be bought both online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)