Trying to find better insurance prices for a Ford Fiesta in Georgia can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a Ford and obtain the lowest possible price.
Best companies for competitive Ford Fiesta insurance in Georgia
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Atlanta insurance discounts for a Ford Fiesta
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, military active duty, membership and employees, air bags, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, anti-theft, driver's education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance discounts include renters, anti-lock brakes, good student, DriveSense, good driver, and homeowner.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
Before buying, ask every company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To find insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Georgia, click this link.
Insurance agents near you
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Below is a list of insurers in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in Atlanta.
- Traci McCrory - State Farm Insurance Agent
1526 E Forrest Ave #250 - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (678) 539-8623 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 525-1600 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Arlisher Jones
1176 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 752-7056 - View Map
Upon getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as cheaper Fiesta insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance company that is reliable enough to service your policy. Just understand that once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage at any point so don't think you're contractually obligated to your new company with no way out.
Car insurance coverages for a Ford Fiesta
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, structural damage, repair bills for other people's vehicles, emergency aid and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Georgia requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like prosthetic devices, pain medications and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Fiesta.
Due to the fact that many Georgia drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Fiesta resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Fiesta in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you shop your coverage around, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium and even high prices. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Ford Fiesta insurance auto insurance rates online in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Atlanta car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)