Want to know how to find low-cost Ford Flex insurance in Atlanta? Trying to find cheaper insurance for your Ford Flex in Georgia can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a Ford and find the cheapest rates either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
Low-cost auto insurance in Atlanta, GA
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$236||$396||$532||$32||$158||$1,354||$113|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$310||$598||$532||$32||$158||$1,630||$136|
|Flex SEL AWD||$204||$372||$444||$26||$134||$1,180||$98|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$328||$622||$444||$26||$134||$1,554||$130|
|Flex Limited AWD||$328||$622||$444||$26||$134||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage prices significantly.
Age, gender, and Ford Flex insurance
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Flex yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can drive up Ford Flex insurance costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get discounts to get affordable Atlanta auto insurance rates
Some providers don't list every policy discount very well, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow companies to spy on driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less may allow you to get better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Resident Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Atlanta and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
For a list of insurers with discount rates in Atlanta, follow this link.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Atlanta.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Atlanta that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Atlanta can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they differ because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always contact a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agencies that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Drew Niess
3133 Maple Dr NE Ste 100 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (404) 477-5500 - View Map
- Cleo Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-0960 - View Map
- Clyde Hill Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 N E Expy - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 452-1485 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Flex to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Georgia drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25 in Georgia), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like doctor visits, dental work, chiropractic care, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
People switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Cheaper Ford Flex insurance in Atlanta can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)