Comparison shopping for cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Atlanta could be challenging for drivers new to comparison shopping online. With so many options of insurers available, it can be a chore to find the lowest price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in Atlanta could cut their rates by approximately $1,000 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates at least once a year because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Atlanta two years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to show you how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you're already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Finding and buying cheaper coverage in Atlanta can be fairly easy. But Georgia consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
When quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding a better price.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Don't neglect these seven discounts on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Atlanta
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Ford could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Save with a New Car - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall bill.
To find companies with the best discounts in Atlanta, click here.
Car insurance agents can help
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
When searching for local Atlanta agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These agents can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Enrico Lewis
777 Cleveland Ave SW Ste 104 - Atlanta, GA 30315 - (404) 761-9556 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Anissa Few Davenport
2030 Bolton Rd NW #200 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (678) 705-5898 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my Ford Shelby GT350 covered for flood damage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Georgia
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Atlanta, insurance is required in Georgia but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Georgia overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for surgery, dental work, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Shelby GT350 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Shelby GT350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Due to the fact that many Georgia drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, legal defense fees, bail bonds, attorney fees and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like vandalism, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
More effort can pay off
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
Cost effective Ford Shelby GT350 insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to shop Atlanta car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)