Do you want to stop overpaying and find lower-priced Ford Taurus insurance in Atlanta? Do you get confused by the crazy number of auto insurance sources that you can choose from? You have such a large number of options that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find better prices for Ford Taurus insurance in Atlanta. Everyone knows Atlanta is a great place to live, but pricey auto insurance makes it impossible to purchase enough protection.
It’s shocking but nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Drivers in Georgia can save about 60% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates on a regular basis because auto insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rate on Ford Taurus insurance in Atlanta two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using this strategy. The purpose of this post is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. But Georgia car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$182||$316||$370||$22||$110||$1,000||$83|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$382||$694||$394||$24||$118||$1,612||$134|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$362||$688||$370||$22||$110||$1,552||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Taurus yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Taurus settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below illustrates how violations and accidents can affect Ford Taurus insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance policy discounts for Ford Taurus insurance in Atlanta
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a slight reduction on a Atlanta car insurance quote.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Taurus insurance in Atlanta.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Taurus can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta car insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To see insurers who offer online Ford Taurus insurance quotes in Atlanta, click here.
Three reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Even though Atlanta Taurus insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Different types of Atlanta auto insurance agents
When finding local Atlanta agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent agencies in Atlanta that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-9744 – View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (912) 355-4549 – View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- DeWayne Hrabowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (404) 758-5400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jannette Boykin
674 North Highland Avenue Northeast b – Atlanta, GA 30306 – (678) 904-6621 – View Map
- Clyde Hill Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 N E Expy – Atlanta, GA 30341 – (770) 452-1485 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Which family members are covered?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Atlanta?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?