Paying for high-priced Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Atlanta can consume your bank account and put the squeeze on your family's finances.
Inconceivable but true, almost 70% of drivers in Georgia have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Drivers in the U.S. can save 47% each year, but they don't know the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be hard to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Atlanta is easy if you know what you're doing. In essence, every car owner who comparison shops for insurance will most likely find a lower price. Nevertheless, Georgia consumers should learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online.
These discounts can lower Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Honda Accord Hybrid?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Georgia?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Atlanta auto insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Atlanta are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Atlanta who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
Find cheap insurance rates by comparing often
As you shop your coverage around, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered many ways to lower your Honda Accord Hybrid insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheaper insurance in Atlanta is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
More detailed insurance information is available at these sites:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)