Searching for the cheapest Atlanta Honda Crosstour insurance quotes may seem to be somewhat difficult for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparison shopping on the web. With a ridiculous number of companies in the marketplace, how are consumers expected to even start to compare every company to locate cheaper auto insurance rates?
Sad but true, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Atlanta insurance shoppers could save almost $960 a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates as often as possible because auto insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest rate on Honda Crosstour insurance in Atlanta a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Honda Crosstour insurance rates in Atlanta
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
Check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Atlanta. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Crosstour in Atlanta, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Honda but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Georgia is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Atlanta?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you would like to find a local Atlanta insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Atlanta can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jerome Johnson, Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Clairmont Rd b – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 321-6688 – View Map
- Cleo Meyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-0960 – View Map
- Shiron Kilgore – State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 527-4883 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you definitely need to include at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are Atlanta independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a – Atlanta, GA 30312 – (404) 474-6356 – View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E – Atlanta, GA 30340 – (770) 452-8881 – View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map