Are you looking for the cheapest Honda HR-V insurance in Atlanta? Locating low-cost insurance for your Honda HR-V in Georgia could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so you're going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used Honda and find the lowest price either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
Regrettably, most car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Atlanta could save roughly $1,000 every year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find affordable car insurance rates.
It's important to price shop coverage occasionally because prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on Honda HR-V insurance in Atlanta six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn the fastest way to buy cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Atlanta.
How to buy Honda HR-V insurance online
Getting low cost Honda HR-V insurance pricing isn't really that difficult. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Some insurers do not list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Paper-free Discount - Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Student in College - Kids living away from Atlanta attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Some of the larger companies that have some of the above discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Choosing Honda vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda HR-V in Atlanta, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves your Honda HR-V and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your HR-V outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing your policy, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Honda HR-V?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Georgia?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Atlanta are either independent or exclusive. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it's important to know why they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Atlanta that may be able to give you price quote information.
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
- Snellings Walters Insurance Agency
1117 Perimeter Center W - Atlanta, GA 30338 - (770) 396-9600 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Kerry Mitchell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 455-0017 - View Map
- Shiron Kilgore - State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 527-4883 - View Map
- Mark Pritchard - State Farm Insurance Agent
3280 Howell Mill Rd NW #107 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 856-4950 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If they are an independent agency in Atlanta, which companies do they recommend?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you get reasonable responses and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind it's your coverage and you can cancel a policy for any reason so don't assume that you're stuck with a specific agent for the full policy term.