How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for cheaper car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta consumers have options when looking for the best price on Hummer H2 insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so you're going to learn the proper way to compare rates on a Hummer and get the best price possible either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
Save money on Hummer H2 insurance in Atlanta with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Claim-Free Discount - Atlanta drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Student in College - College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze their driving habits remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new vehicle discount, newly married, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, early bird, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, homeowner, good student, bundle discounts, early shopping, business and professional, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for multiple vehicles, paid in full, mature driver, teen driver, air bags, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, multi-car, safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
Check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in Atlanta. For a list of companies who offer online Hummer H2 insurance quotes in Georgia, click here.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance agents are trained to help
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Most agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Georgia?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you're trying to find a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can do a good job, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the selection process.
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Lindsay Mullen - State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 N Druid Hills Rd Ste 145 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 728-1000 - View Map
- Geoff Carlson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1465 Chattahoochee Ave NW #550 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (678) 927-9977 - View Map
- Lisa Dobbs - State Farm Insurance Agent
2323 Cumberland Pkwy SE #101 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 365-8515 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you should always compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Below are independent agencies in Atlanta that can give you price quotes.
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a - Atlanta, GA 30312 - (404) 474-6356 - View Map
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
We've covered some good ideas how to save on Hummer H2 insurance in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Cheaper car insurance in Atlanta is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, take a look at these articles: