Have you finally had enough of not being able to afford to pay high auto insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than most other people in Georgia.
Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Georgia could save roughly $960 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. People have many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to adequately compare rates for Hyundai Sonata insurance in Atlanta.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best price on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Atlanta a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. You can find a lot of information about Sonata insurance online, but I’m going to show you some tested techniques to put money back in your pocket.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$600||$454||$26||$136||$1,544||$129|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$380||$458||$28||$138||$1,228||$102|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$268||$418||$24||$126||$980||$82|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$706||$466||$28||$140||$1,632||$136|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$550||$578||$34||$172||$1,572||$131|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$592||$502||$30||$150||$1,570||$131|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$486||$582||$34||$174||$1,594||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can modify insurance rates substantially.
Where to set your deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Hyundai Sonata insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims increase Hyundai Sonata car insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Atlanta Sonata insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a lien holder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai Sonata and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is wasting up to $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get More Affordable Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Since the Hyundai Sonata is a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Atlanta. Lower cost passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Where do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Sonata may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your car insurance policy is showing the right rating data.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Credit score can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hyundai Sonata by repairing your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Liability coverage claims can be big – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- You might get higher prices if you are single – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your car insurance policy. It translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Lots of car insurance companies will award lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Keep prices low by being claim-free – Insurance companies in Georgia provide most affordable rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Sonata – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Hyundai Sonata vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Hyundai Sonata Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Sonata 129 88 101 138 149 110 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 142 116 119 124 138 121
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Atlanta insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small discount on rates.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, multi-policy, location of vehicle, and age of vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, membership and employees, driver training, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, good driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in Georgia, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- If my Hyundai Sonata is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a Hyundai Sonata?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What is the ISO rating for a Hyundai Sonata?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Atlanta insurance agent
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they full-time agents?
Below are Atlanta auto insurance companies that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Hyundai Sonata insurance in Atlanta.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-9744 – View Map
InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to find affordable Hyundai Sonata insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Atlanta auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)