Searching for low-cost car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta consumers have options when looking for the lowest priced Chevy Captiva Sport insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Chevy and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
The intent of this article is to familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and also pocket some savings If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Smart buyers just need to understand the proper way to compare different rates from many different companies.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine rates.
- Type of vehicle determines base premiums - The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Captiva Sport is a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Atlanta. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Cheaper to insure women? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men get in fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Drivers with excellent credit save on auto insurance - Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Captiva Sport by improving your credit score.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more - Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Some examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Where do you drive? - The more miles you rack up on your Chevy each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Captiva Sport may be costing you. Verify your policy states the correct driver usage.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Traffic violations hurt - Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Getting just one citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have received careless citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure - Teenage drivers in Georgia have a tendency to be easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Chevy Captiva Sport claim data - Insurance companies use claims history when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buy Atlanta Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online
Most companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Atlanta doesn't take much effort because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. Behind the scenes, their rating system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a lower rate.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you're receiving rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Will you really save $381 on auto insurance?
Consumers in Georgia can't escape the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to tend to make the same promise that drivers can save some big amount if you change your auto insurance policy to them.
How is it possible that every company can say the same thing? It's all in the wording.
All companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk may be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. Anyone who matches that profile may get the lowest rates in Atlanta and as a result will probably save if they switch.
Potential customers who don't measure up to those criteria will probably be forced to pay higher rates and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say "drivers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
Because every company is different, you really need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Protect your Chevy Captiva Sport and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can reduce Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring all your vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Atlanta auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a driver safety course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, air bags, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, student away at school, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and driver's education.
- Esurance may offer discounts for homeowner, safety device, good driver, good student, anti-theft, DriveSense, and renters.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, bundle, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
If you want low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Atlanta. If you would like to view providers with the best Chevy Captiva Sport insurance discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
The difference between Atlanta auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can provide car insurance policies, but it's important to know the differences because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you should always check rates from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Atlanta who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Cleo Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-0960 - View Map
- Danny Gibson State Farm Insurance Agent
215 Piedmont Ave NE #1 - Atlanta, GA 30308 - (404) 524-2292 - View Map
- Mark Pritchard - State Farm Insurance Agent
3280 Howell Mill Rd NW #107 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 856-4950 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
After receiving positive feedback to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage.
When searching for the cheapest Chevrolet Captiva Sport rate quotes, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices or delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Chevy Captiva Sport insurance prices in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Much more information about car insurance in Georgia can be read below:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)