Do you want to stop overpaying and find more competitive auto insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Chevy Trax insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Chevy and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
Cutting your Atlanta car insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. You just have to take a couple of minutes comparing free Atlanta auto insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get discounts to get affordable Atlanta insurance rates
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, driver training, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include type of vehicle, ease of repair, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, early shopping, distant student, pay in full, teen driver, and mature driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for company car, multiple vehicles, air bags, paperless, and mature driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- USAA discounts include annual mileage, military installation, good student, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, safe driver, and loyalty savings.
If you want the cheapest Chevrolet Trax rate quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Atlanta.
Do I need an agent?
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Atlanta auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both provide insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- DeWayne Hrabowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 758-5400 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Anissa Few Davenport
2030 Bolton Rd NW #200 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (678) 705-5898 - View Map
- Jared Mula - State Farm Insurance Agent
3220 Cobb Pkwy SE #202 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (770) 874-3325 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you will want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below are independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 550-3448 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
Get More Affordable Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- No policy lapses saves money - Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Where you live plays a part - Residing in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Georgia cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Annual mileage impacts rates - The more you drive in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Trax is just wasting money. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Car insurance companies in Georgia provide discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Lower rates for married couples - Getting married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Combining policies can get discounts - The majority of insurance companies provide a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount it's still a good idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Chevy Trax insurance loss data - Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Chevrolet Trax Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Trax in Atlanta, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Trax has a lien holder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Be persistent to save money
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, high prices or delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Chevy Trax insurance in Atlanta is possible both online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to quote Atlanta auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don't offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)