Are you looking for more competitive car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Chevy Volt insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a Chevy and obtain the best price possible either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
How to shop Chevy Volt insurance online
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get pricing on the web. The process is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. After you complete the form, their rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online price quotes for Chevy Volt insurance in Atlanta helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for cheaper rates.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you input the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will have a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Volt insurance in Atlanta
Some companies don't always advertise all their discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Atlanta auto insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Atlanta Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Atlanta can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- Esurance may offer discounts for renters, online quote, safety device, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, online shopper, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-theft, multi-policy, and air bags.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, driver's education, multiple policy, good student, and good driver.
Before buying, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your area. To view auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Atlanta, click here.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Chevy Volt Insurance Rates
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better insurance rates.
- Age of drivers - Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving so insurance rates are higher.
- Lower coverage deductibles cost more - Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose define the amount the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Insurance premiums and vehicle performance - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are for economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Chevrolet Volt is classified as a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Atlanta.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Volt has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Chevy Volt claim data - Insurers use claims history when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Volt Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Volt Electric 89 83 81 71 73 90
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a local Atlanta insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Atlanta for you
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Atlanta can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Atlanta exclusive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
- Kerry Mitchell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 455-0017 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Enrico Lewis
777 Cleveland Ave SW Ste 104 - Atlanta, GA 30315 - (404) 761-9556 - View Map
- Cleo Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-0960 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
- Snellings Walters Insurance Agency
1117 Perimeter Center W - Atlanta, GA 30338 - (770) 396-9600 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a - Atlanta, GA 30312 - (404) 474-6356 - View Map
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Atlanta?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
Cost effective Chevy Volt insurance can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Atlanta auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We've covered a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Volt insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)