How long has it been since you compared quotes for more affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Atlanta? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Dodge Grand Caravan in Georgia could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Dodge and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
A study showed that most consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Georgia drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Atlanta a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Atlanta is to know the trick auto insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as what you do for a living, distance driven, any included safety features, and if you require a SR-22. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and you will receive price estimates instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Atlanta.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$144||$220||$370||$22||$110||$866||$72|
|Grand Caravan SE||$262||$412||$444||$26||$134||$1,278||$107|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$170||$296||$406||$24||$122||$1,018||$85|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$254||$380||$406||$24||$122||$1,186||$99|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$208||$370||$476||$28||$142||$1,224||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premiums for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Buying the right Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Georgia is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves your Dodge Grand Caravan and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your premiums.
More stress means more cost – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like judges, social workers and accountants generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Infrequent drivers can save – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Grand Caravan may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data.
Cars with good safety ratings mean better insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Claims statistics for a Dodge Grand Caravan – Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Grand Caravan Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Grand Caravan||79||104||81||108||108||107|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts on Atlanta auto insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Atlanta and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Data Collection Discounts – Atlanta drivers who agree to allow data collection to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may include discounts for mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, anti-theft, good student, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- 21st Century offers discounts including homeowners, driver training, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
Double check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Dodge Grand Caravan insurance quotes in Atlanta, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local Atlanta insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Atlanta who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Atlanta willing to provide price quotes for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Atlanta.
- State Farm: Dave Simpson Jr
2240 Fairburn Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 344-9777 – View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 633-6332 – View Map
- Bryant Thompson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2230 Cascade Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 228-6085 – View Map
- Kerry Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 – Atlanta, GA 30341 – (770) 455-0017 – View Map
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you get positive feedback to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found a company that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into any specific company indefinitely.
One last note
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Atlanta can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, so you need to shop Atlanta auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)