Would you like to save money by finding cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in Atlanta? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because you’re not the only one.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Atlanta could save about 60% every year by just shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cheapest companies for Fiat 500 insurance
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
How Your 500 Insurance Premiums are Determined
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
- Responsible credit scores equal low rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. People that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Fiat 500 by improving your rating.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons – There are a ton of additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Fiat. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, vandalism, or theft. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurance companies will give better rates to buyers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you still need to compare Fiat 500 rates in Atlanta to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums tend to be for low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Fiat 500 falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Atlanta.
- Insurance loss probability for a Fiat 500 – Car insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Fiat 500 Vehicles
Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Atlanta can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower auto insurance rates.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, good student, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, business or organization, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, air bags, anti-lock brakes, driver training, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century includes discounts for homeowners, early bird, good student, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, air bag, driver training, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policies in Atlanta. To see a list of providers that offer discounts in Georgia, click this link.
Should I talk to an insurance agency?
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Atlanta who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta who may provide you with rate quotes.
Eddie Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 – Atlanta, GA 30346 – (770) 394-5068 – View Map
Jared Mula – State Farm Insurance Agent
3220 Cobb Pkwy SE #202 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (770) 874-3325 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you should always include at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below are independent agencies in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Fiat 500 insurance prices in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Atlanta car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents. Cheap Fiat 500 insurance in Atlanta can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information is located at the links below
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)