Trying to find low-cost car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Ford Transit Connect insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates on a Ford and locate the best price possible from Atlanta insurance agents and online providers.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Georgia drivers could cut their rates by almost 60% a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can use these techniques to get lower rates without reducing coverage. This article's intent is to tell you how car insurance works and some tips to save money. Smart shoppers just have to learn the quickest way to get comparison rates online.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids living away from Atlanta attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, homeowners, good student, early bird, and 55 and older.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and passive restraint.
- AAA has discounts for good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, teen driver discount, newly married, new graduate, and newly retired.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Atlanta.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if you're married, driver ages, if you have an active license, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your rating data is instantly submitted to multiple companies and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$164||$322||$394||$24||$118||$1,022||$85|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$302||$512||$516||$30||$154||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific Atlanta garaging location which can revise coverage prices significantly.
Car insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Transit Connect auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
How Insurers Calculate Ford Transit Connect Insurance Premiums
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
- Lower premiums for safer cars - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Ford Transit Connect earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Most major car insurance companies afford discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you're getting this discount it's still a good idea to compare other Atlanta Transit Connect insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Policy claims cost money - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Georgia award lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Only having one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get multiple violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to continue driving.
- Drivers with high credit save on car insurance - A driver's credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with bad credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford Transit Connect if you clean up your credit.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to a policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford Transit Connect?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Local Atlanta insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don't have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Atlanta?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Atlanta for you
If you want to use an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
- Traci McCrory - State Farm Insurance Agent
1526 E Forrest Ave #250 - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (678) 539-8623 - View Map
- Dale Massey - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Roswell Rd NE - Atlanta, GA 30342 - (404) 257-8880 - View Map
- Quentin Franklin - State Farm Insurance Agent
587 Virginia Ave NE Unit 3A - Atlanta, GA 30306 - (404) 575-4147 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 660-3821 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
- Snellings Walters Insurance Agency
1117 Perimeter Center W - Atlanta, GA 30338 - (770) 396-9600 - View Map
If you get good answers to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Georgia but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Transit Connect, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Be persistent to save money
We just presented many ways to compare Ford Transit Connect insurance rates in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information is located below:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)