Comparison shopping for more affordable Hummer H1 insurance in Atlanta may be frustrating for drivers new to buying insurance online. With a ridiculous number of insurers available, it can quickly become a chore to find the perfect company for you.
A study showed that most consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in Georgia could save themselves almost 60% a year just by comparing rates, but they think it's difficult to go online and compare rates.
Finding Hummer H1 insurance in Atlanta, Georgia
When shopping for Hummer H1 insurance in Atlanta there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest Hummer H1 rates is to jump online and get quotes.
It's important to know that more quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need H1 insurance in Georgia
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Hummer at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Hummer gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discount Atlanta car insurance quotes
Some insurers do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Atlanta auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap H1 insurance.
- Anti-theft System - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- College Student - College-age children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with one company could earn a price break for each car.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good student, homeowner, online quote, anti-lock brakes, good driver, and Switch & Save.
- Nationwide discounts include family plan, good student, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, multi-policy, and easy pay.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Atlanta for you
If you want to use a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the brand rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
- Traci McCrory - State Farm Insurance Agent
1526 E Forrest Ave #250 - Atlanta, GA 30344 - (678) 539-8623 - View Map
- Carter Nicholson - State Farm Insurance Agent
3040 Briarcliff Rd NE c - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 748-9739 - View Map
- Clyde Hill Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
3041 N E Expy - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 452-1485 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get several quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent agencies in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
- Snellings Walters Insurance Agency
1117 Perimeter Center W - Atlanta, GA 30338 - (770) 396-9600 - View Map
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
Insurance can be complex
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my Hummer H1 covered for smoke damage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
How much can you save?
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, poor customer service and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just read a lot of techniques to get a better price on Hummer H1 insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)