Have you had enough of paying out the nose to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as most other drivers in Georgia.
It's amazing but most Georgia auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could save an average of nearly $850 each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. Due to the abundance of auto insurance companies to choose from, it's difficult to pick the lowest price company.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LX 570 4WD 4-Dr||$534||$1184||$512||$30||$154||$2,414||$201|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can impact premium rates greatly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lexus LX 570 annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive formula of when to phase out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Lexus LX 570 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Atlanta
The diagram below shows the difference between Lexus LX 570 premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need Lexus LX 570 insurance in Georgia
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus LX 570 in Atlanta, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance savings promises
Georgia consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price car insurance by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all say the same thing about saving some big amount if you just switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
How does every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is how they do it.
Different companies have specific criteria for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer could be a married male, has no tickets, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anyone who meets those qualifications receive the lowest rate quotes in Atlanta and will also save money with a new company.
Insureds who do not match these criteria will have to pay higher premium rates and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It's just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have the lowest Lexus LX 570 insurance in Atlanta.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Atlanta without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
When to contact an agent
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Atlanta?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Atlanta?
If you're trying to find a local Atlanta insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can handle car insurance, but it's important to know why they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Atlanta exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you need to contact independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
Persistence will pay off
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented many tips how you can save on Lexus LX 570 insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)