How long has it been since you compared quotes for the cheapest Pontiac Bonneville insurance in Atlanta? Did a good deal turn out to be an expensive car insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Atlanta drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Georgia have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in the United States could pocket as much as $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Having so many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be challenging to locate the best insurer.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Atlanta can initially seem challenging. In essence, everyone who is looking for a better price on insurance should be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Georgia car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to market on the web and use it to find better rates.
All major auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get pricing direct online. Getting quotes for Pontiac Bonneville insurance in Atlanta is possible for anyone as you simply type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their system sends out for your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information. The ability to get online quotes for Pontiac Bonneville insurance in Atlanta makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to do this if you want to get the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
To find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money on Pontiac Bonneville insurance in Atlanta with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, multiple autos, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance may include discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, online quote, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide includes discounts for business or organization, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driving, family plan, and easy pay.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Atlanta.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Bonneville greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rate quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Local agents and insurance
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local.
By using this simple form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Atlanta who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Atlanta can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Atlanta willing to provide rate quotes.