Do you want to learn to get more affordable insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Acura MDX insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Acura and find the lowest price from Atlanta insurance agents and online providers.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to save money without reducing coverage. The goal of this article is to help you learn the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. Smart shoppers just have to use the quickest way to compare different rates instantly.
The quickest way to compare rates for Acura MDX insurance in Atlanta is to understand all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is give them rating details like whether you drive to work or school, if a SR-22 is needed, driver ages, and if you went to college. That information is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$232||$436||$476||$28||$142||$1,314||$110|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$204||$372||$414||$24||$124||$1,138||$95|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$366||$706||$414||$24||$124||$1,634||$136|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$184||$322||$378||$22||$114||$1,020||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
Acura MDX full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below examines Acura MDX insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura MDX claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $600 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Atlanta
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can increase Acura MDX car insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save with these money saving discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Atlanta car insurance quote.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new MDX can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Atlanta car insurance depending on your company.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount should help reduce your premiums.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, exclusive group savings, and newly retired.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good driver, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in every state. To view companies who offer insurance discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Raising deductibles lowers premiums – The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims would be rearending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Bad credit hurts insurance rates – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura MDX by repairing your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Getting married equates to better prices – Walking down the aisle may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Your career may increase rates – Occupational choices like lawyers, police officers, and accountants usually pay the highest rates because of intense work situations and long work days. Other careers like actors, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Acura MDX claim data – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura MDX vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Acura MDX Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the price. Any good agent in Atlanta should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How many years have they been established?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information for Acura MDX insurance in Atlanta.
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a – Atlanta, GA 30312 – (404) 474-6356 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (470) 355-1973 – View Map
- Ryan King – State Farm Insurance Agent
3355 Lenox Rd NE #230 – Atlanta, GA 30326 – (404) 816-3276 – View Map
After getting satisfactory answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Georgia?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
More effort can pay off
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to find affordable Acura MDX insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Acura MDX rate quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheaper auto insurance in Atlanta can be found both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)