Purchasing the cheapest Atlanta BMW M2 insurance quotes can seem to be intimidating for consumers who are new to shopping for insurance on the web. With such a large number of insurers available, how can consumers possibly compare every auto insurance company to find cheaper auto insurance rates?
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Georgia drivers can save $959 each year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Consumers should take time to compare rates before your next renewal because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rate on BMW M2 insurance in Atlanta six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the easiest way to get good coverage on BMW M2 insurance in Atlanta at a lower rate.
Cheapest companies for BMW M2 insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
How Your M2 Insurance Costs are Determined
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Multiple policies with one company - Lots of companies apply a discount for people that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. It's possible to still save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages - There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
Annual mileage impacts costs - Driving a lot of miles annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your M2 is just wasting money.
Insurance claims cost money - If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn't be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Georgia give better rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Liability protection limits are a factor - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Do you work long hours in a high stress employer? - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like lawyers, airline pilots, and financial analysts usually pay higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Get better rates if married - Having a significant other may save some money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Claims statistics for a BMW M2 - Companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the historical loss data for BMW M2 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for BMW M2 Vehicles
|Specific BMW Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW M235 i 2dr||155||277|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on M2 insurance in Atlanta.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta auto insurance with certain companies.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to look at driving manner remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Sign Online - Many insurance companies provide a small discount get Atlanta auto insurance digitally online.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a course in defensive driving may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, accident-free, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, family plan, business or organization, good student, accident-free, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, seat belt use, military active duty, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best discounts in Atlanta, click here.
Local Atlanta insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you will want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Atlanta that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a - Atlanta, GA 30312 - (404) 474-6356 - View Map
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
- Willard Murphy - State Farm Insurance Agent
3867 Roswell Rd NE #101 - Atlanta, GA 30342 - (404) 816-8885 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Laura Leidigh
7 Lenox Pointe NE - Atlanta, GA 30324 - (404) 233-5650 - View Map
- Barry Domangue - State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Peachtree St NE Ste 103 - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 853-3772 - View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Atlanta should know the answers to these questions.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
If you get good responses and locked in a price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can provide auto insurance coverage. It's important to know that consumers can terminate your policy whenever you want so don't assume you're contractually obligated to any specific agency with no way to switch.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if you could use an agent's help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Should I buy only the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare BMW M2 insurance rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More affordable auto insurance in Atlanta is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Atlanta auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)